Welcome to Walker Training Stables, an affordable, quality horse boarding and training stable located in Delaware County,
just outside Columbus, Ohio and in close proximity to Sunbury, Westerville, New Albany, Gahanna, and Johnstown, Ohio. You
have come to the right boarding stable if you want your horse to be safe with attentive detailed care; you have come to the right
boarding stable if you want to further your skills in riding and horse care; you have come to the right training stable if you
want your horse "taught", not "forced"; and you have come to the right boarding stable if you want to have fun and enjoy your
What you will encounter at Walker Training Stables:
- Your stall:
- The safest stalls made in the world, MD stalls, and they are even fireproof.
- Your turnout or pasture:
- Fences are board or premier Diamond Mesh with board with electric.
Your horses are turned out personally by the owners or experienced staff and only weather permitting.
They will not be turned out on slippery mud or ice or left out in the rain.
- Handling and Care of your Horse:
- The owners live on the premises, do most of their own feeding and have
110 years of combined horse care experience (yes, we are like mom & pop). They treat your horses exactly as they do
their own and will know if your horse deviates from normal in any way. The owners and on site trainers are very versed
in equine handling and first aid. Experts are always on the spot when needed. In the event of an emergency, the owners
are there to transport your horse to OSU and your horse will get immediate attention from OSU as Walker Training Stables
is one of their customers.
- Sherri has a master‘s degree in Animal Nutrition. Her grain formula contains no fillers, only top quality crimped (for easier digestibility)
grain balanced for protein, vitamins, and minerals. The formula is the same every day and not changed based on the futures market as in commercial
feeds. The feed has not been processed at high temperatures and pressure (pelleted feed) which can degrade vitamins and fat. The hay comes from the
same grower every year. It is weed free and virtually dust free. It is a mix of alfalfa and orchard grass. The alfalfa provides top quality protein
and vitamins and minerals while the orchard grass provides some chewing times since the horses "inhale" the alfalfa very quickly. Water buckets are
cleaned and disinfected weekly.
- Instructors and trainers are on site to help you and your horse advance in your skills or help with any problems that you may encounter.
See our lessons and training.
- There are planned trail rides on and off site, practice team pennings, and people hauling together to shows.
Or, just enjoy the peaceful serenity with your horse on our 40 acres.